Hello lovely blog people, I have finally managed some crafty time and made a tag for two challenges!!
Sunday Stampers where the theme is TEXTURE and also a Tim Holtz blog challenge that you can find HERE
So I started with my tag and painted it with Distress Paints in Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Barn Door.
I edged the tag with Picket Fence distress paint and stamped with it too, using the Tim Holtz stamp with the criss cross pattern on...
I then spritzed from high up, just a touch of Dylusions ink in Black Marble.
I stamped the Artful Sillhouette in Black Archival Ink, then I overstamped it with white Distress Paint, just a touch, to give it a shadowy feel and take away the flat matt black look.
Now for the tattered florals!!! LOVED this part, I die cut these flowers from everything I could find, material, acetate, paper, grungepaper, vellum, handmade paper, glitter paper, acetate with glitter on, everything!! I also did the same as Tim and covered my grungepaper with tissue, I used the musical tissue he has.
I ended up with 13 tattered flowers, all waiting on the right project!! There are only 12 in the pic though cos one was on the floor!
I decided to paint some of Tim's flowery ribbon stuff, and also a piece of ribbon for the top of the tag, so I spread some distress paints onto my craft sheet, spritzed it all with water and smooshed the ribbons through it, dried it with a heat gun so it didn't blend too much and look muddy. Customised accessories for my tag!!
So I added my accessories, added the tattered floral and decided to add texture onto the lady sillhouette (scaramoosh scaramoosh...)
I painted some Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint onto the lady using a small brush. The brush inside the jar is a little too wide for this.
Whilst waiting for that to dry (or start to dry so I could blast it with the heat gun) I stamped Tim's ticket stamp and the phrase "Art is a shadow of what a person is thinking" which I thought was perfect for the shadow/sillhouette stamp! I distressed it and added it to the flower using a pin.
Once the crackle paint was dry I gave my lady a crown, made her a Princess...and added some gold rub 'n' buff to the cracks to accentuate them
I also added some black german scrap pieces to the sides of the tag.
So that's my tattered floral, I chose this one cos you can see the musical notes, which I like, loved the colours in this one too.
And my texture is the lady sillhouette princess person......crackly texture....lol
et voila, the finished tag.
I have LOVED this challenge, and getting messy with the distress paints was fab, I can see me needing every colour of these, they are just SO versatile!
Hope everyone is well and good :)
Thanks for looking.